quarta-feira, maio 07, 2008

Playing by heart's quote #1

I have this friend, a jazz musician, trumpet player. I go and hear him jam every month or so. He plays this piece I love, an old Chet Baker tune. Every time he plays the same notes, and everytime it sounds different. One night we were having drinks, when I used to drink, and I tried telling him how that song made me feel, how his playing made me feel, how the notes made me feel. My friend shook his head and said, Joan, you can't talk about music. Talking about music is like dancing about archictecture. So I said, alright, well if you're gonna get all philosophical on me, its just as pointless as talking about a lot of things. Love for instance. My friend laughed and said, You can't talk about love. Talking about love is like dancing about archictecture. So I don't know, he might be right. But it ain't gonna stop me from trying.

Nenhum comentário: